At Acorn Glade, we've got some fantastic fishing opportunities waiting just for you. Our fishing experience is a special treat exclusively for you as our staying guest for just £15 per person per day.
Your fishing pass grants you access to our pristine 1-acre lake for an entire calendar day. That's right, from sunrise to sunset, you've got the chance to reel in some amazing catches.
Speaking of catches, our lake is teeming with a variety of stillwater fish, making it a perfect fishing haven. Get ready to cast your line and try your luck with Carp, Hybrid Carp, Rudd, Golden Rudd, Barbel, Bream, Tench,and Eel. But here's a little secret for you – be on the lookout for the legendary ...'Monster of Melbourne' that's rumoured to reside in our waters. It'sthe stuff of fishing legends, and who knows, you might just have a chance to encounter it!
So, pack your gear, come on over, and let's make some fishing memories at Acorn Glade. We can't wait to see you by the water's edge!
Please note: From time to time water levels may vary and pond weed growth may impede the fishing experience. Whilst we accept that to anglers this is a challenge, a certain amount of oxygenating pond weed is vital for ecological balance. We endeavour to remove excessive pond weed where it is considered overly intrusive. Any influx in pond weed is deemed outside of our control and is subject to annual fluctuations in sunlight, nutrients, etc.
PLEASE READ . . . FISHING RULES:
1. Guests will require a valid environment agency rod licence, available from the Post Office
2. We have a strict 'catch and release' policy
3. No keep nets
4. Disinfectant tub is provided for dipping landing nets prior to use in the lake (located in a large round black tub near log store)
5. All fishing equipment including discarded line and bait tins must be removed after use
6. Anglers must be aware that the lake is not solely used for fishing and that other guests may wish to use the rowing boat
7. Fishing equipment must not block the pathways and cause an obstruction for other guests
8. A maximum of two rods can be used per person
9. Only guests registered to stay at Acorn Glade may be permitted to fish
10. Any broken or snagged lines must be removed or reported to owners in case lines impact any wildlife
Fishing bait is not sold on-site and sorry Acorn Glade does not offer fishing equipment for hire.